No matter what industry you’re in, choosing the right color palette for your brand is a vital element of your business. Given that many business owners do not fully understand why choosing a color palette is so important, they often fail to choose the proper color schemes for their company. The following is a closer look at the importance of choosing the best colors for branding and marketing, as well as some tips to help you do just that.
Color psychology is the study of how various colors can have an effect on our behaviors and opinions. In marketing, brand color psychology focuses on how various colors and color schemes can influence how consumers perceive a brand and hopefully associate this collection of colors with the brand. Since experts assert that up to 90% of consumers make a snap judgment on a brand based off of the colors they choose alone, brands need to be careful with this particular aspect of their print and digital marketing.
How to Choose a Color Palette for Your Brand
Now that we understand the importance of the corporate identity color palette in terms of the general success of a brand, let’s take a look at how you can go about choosing the best color combinations for yours.
Create Your Brand Identity
One of the first things you need to do before you decide on the colors to use for your brand, you need to create your brand identity. A brand identity will help you determine your voice, tone, and appropriate language. Once you have made this decision, you will be able to better determine the best branding color schemes.
Choosing the Colors for Your Brand
Now that you have created the identity of your brand, here are some color wheel options to help you go about choosing the right branding color palette:
- Red: Choose red if you want to invoke passion, anger, excitement, or if you otherwise want to create a sense of urgency in your customers.
- Orange: If you want people to view your brand as playful, friendly, and/or energetic, this is the color for you.
- Green: Choose green if you are promoting a brand that is based on remaining calm, prospering, or focuses on nature.
- Yellow: This color should be chosen if you want to invoke feelings of happiness, youthfulness, and optimism. Yellow also promotes accessibility and affordability.
- Black: Choose black if you are building a brand that is edgy, luxurious, and sophisticated.
- Dark Blue: This color will create a sense of maturity, professionalism, formality and security.
- Light Blue: Light blue is a great option for brands that want to be seen as innocent, tranquil and trustworthy.
- Purple: Purple is an excellent color for brands that represent royalty, creativity and luxury.
- Pink: This is a great color for brands that want to be seen as youthful, innocent and feminine.
- Brown: Brown tones create earthy, old-fashioned or rugged branding.
- White: This color is symbolic of cleanliness, health, virtue, and simplicity.
- Grey: Grey is great for any brand that wants to appear mysterious, classic, serious, and mature.
- Color psychology is important to understand when you are designing and building a brand.
- Once you have decided what your brand identity will be, it will be much easier to choose the colors for your brand.
- Each color you choose will convey a certain feeling to your potential customers.
Experienced Business Branding Services
Deciding on the luxury color palette for your brand does not have to be tedious. Simply take the time to reflect on the goals and intentions of your brand, and you will find it much easier to decide which colors work best for you. Either way, if you need help making decisions for your brand, reach out to your friends at Ballantine for personalized advice that produces results.