When it comes to marketing, staying abreast of the latest trends is vital. This means you should always know what is trending in the news and pop culture realm and incorporate it into your marketing campaigns as much as possible. Since emojis have become such a major part of how we text and communicate digitally, using them in your marketing copy can be a great way to create fresh unique marketing campaigns and connect with customers. World Emoji Day is on July 17 and if you are considering incorporating emojis into your marketing copy, there is no time like the present. With that in mind, here are some tips and tricks to help you do just that.
Benefits of Incorporating Emojis into your Marketing Copy
Using emojis in email marketing and other marketing methods can be quite beneficial. However, before we delve into the tips for incorporating emojis into your marketing copy, here is a list of benefits of doing so:
- Simplify your Message: One of the top benefits of incorporating emojis into your marketing copy is that they can help streamline your message. For instance, if you are creating a copy where you want to relay a message of excitement, you can use any emojis that express excitement (i.e. 🥳.)
- Utilize Universal Appeal: Additionally, emojis defy language barriers. This means no matter what language your customers speak, they will be able to understand the tone of your marketing message.
- Add a Human Touch: Emojis can also add a human touch to your marketing and help your customers connect with your brand message. Since so many people use emojis in their daily conversations and with those they are closest to, using them in your marketing copy can help your customers connect with your message and brand.
Tips for Using Emojis in Marketing
Although emojis were previously used by teens and the younger generations, they are now used almost universally. In particular, digital marketing methods such as social media and email marketing are great ways to incorporate emojis into your marketing. If you are searching for tips for using emojis in your marketing copy, please consider the following:
- Make Sure They’re Relevant: One of the first things you need to do when incorporating emojis into your marketing copy is to be sure that they are relevant to the content you are creating. For instance, if you are telling a joke, you may want to include a laughing emoji. On the other hand, if you are creating copy around a certain holiday, you should include the appropriate emojis for that holiday (i.e. 🎄🎃.)
- Don’t Use Too Many: Another thing to remember when you are using emojis is to use them sparingly. Just adding one or two is enough to relay the message. When you use too many, it can come across as unprofessional, juvenile or spammy.
- Double-Check Their Meanings: Although the meanings of emojis may seem straightforward, that’s not always the case. Some of them have hidden meanings or double meanings that users have come up with. For example, the upside-down smiling emoji 🙃 is often used to symbolize frustration, not happiness. So make sure you are aware of all the connotations of the emojis you choose for your marketing copy.
- Make Sure You Include Text: Lastly, make sure you include enough text copy as well. Although emojis can speak for themselves, be sure to include text copy as well. This is the only way to ensure your message is clear and easy to understand.
- World Emoji Day is July 17th. This is a great time to incorporate some emojis into your marketing.
- Emojis are beneficial in digital marketing because they can help simplify your message and make it more personable.
- Some tips for incorporating emojis into your marketing copy are to make sure you include enough text copy and don’t choose too many emojis.
Overall, using emojis in social media marketing and digital marketing overall doesn’t have to be difficult. On the contrary, these best practices are sure to make the process simpler. If you need help developing a digital or direct mail marketing campaign, contact your friends here at Ballantine.