In 2021, marketing campaigns used more personalized content to fit each targeted group persona – instead of a generic blitz ad campaign. The end result was more marketing consistency across all channels and an improved customer experience.
What digital marketing trends for 2022 can business owners expect? The latest trends in digital marketing for 2022 include more influencer marketing, videos, and increased use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to get more actionable insight that will allow businesses to micro-target consumers and generate a measurable ROI.
Top digital marketing trends in 2022
Everyone who works in business should be informed of what the current trends in digital marketing are and why they should implement the best digital marketing practices to fit their business model.
Marketing trends may come and go, but if your goal is to stay competitive in your market sector, then it’s imperative that you segment your marketing to target the right prospects.
Here are 3 marketing trends to expect in 2022.
Social influencers motivate buyers
According to Digital Marketing Institute,
- 86 percent of women use social media for purchasing advice
- 70 percent of teens trust Influencers more than traditional celebrities
- The influencer marketing industry is set to reach $13.8 billion this year
Even small- to medium-sized businesses can take advantage of one of the fastest-growing digital marketing trends for 2022 – social media influencer marketing. A lower marketing budget doesn’t have to be a barrier. There are many micro-influencers and smaller social media creators (especially on Tik-Tok) that can increase your customer engagement rates and increase your brand’s authenticity.
Video marketing taps into an untapped consumer
Video, webinar and live podcast marketing are changing the way brands advertise while interacting with their customers. Market research statistics forecast that 91 million subscribers will utilize live-streaming by 2024 and 80 percent of audiences would rather watch videos from a brand than read a blog.
If you have a digital presence and your business model is one that can benefit from video demonstrations, then 2022 is the year to jump on board this exciting marketing trend. Some market sectors that can really benefit from live streaming or produced video marketing include:
- travel and hospitality
- real estate
- services and trades
Better marketing campaigns and actionable results with AI
One of the top digital marketing trends in 2022 is the implementation of Artifical Intelligence (AI). This could be done through virtual personalities that target your market sectors and then specifically engage your different customer personas throughout the buyer’s journey, creating marketing that is more personalized and more engaging.
AI-driven marketing can also help with:
- the initial discovery of new customers, while engaging your current customer base
- evaluating and influencing the purchasing options for new and existing customers
- guidance in making a new purchase or signing a subscription
- transferring the interaction to customer service or technical support
Not only will marketing with artificial intelligence continue to grow in 2022, but it will also offer small- to medium-sized companies a better way to compete with larger corporations and help these brands stand out.
- Video, webinar, and live podcast marketing are changing the way brands advertise while interacting with their customers.
- AI-driven marketing can target your market sector’s demographic, then specifically engage the different personas throughout the buyer’s journey.
- Tapping into social media influencers can increase your customer engagement rates and increase your brand’s authenticity.
Contact Ballantine, a NJ digital marketing agency that specializes in lead generation through website SEO, Pay Per Click Advertising, content, email and social media marketing. As digital marketing trends change, Ballantine has helped many companies keep up with the ever changing landscape and improve their digital marketing.
I'm the Director of Digital Services and Partner at Ballantine, a family-owned and operated direct mail & digital marketing company based in New Jersey. and started in 1966 by my great uncle!